Langtang Valley Trek
Trekking and Hiking
Hotel and Teahouses
Autumn and Spring
Langtang Valley Trek, the closet trekking route from Kathmandu valley. It is one of the finest trekking routes in the Himalayas. Situated North of Kathmandu Valley bordering Tibet. Langtang is dominated by Tamang people and their unique cultures and the traditions. The fascinating Langtang Himalayan ranges, the towering Langtang Lirung (7,234m.), Kyanjin Ri, the place which offers the 360 views of the Himalayas are the major attractions of Langtang Valley Trek.
Before earthquake, it was one of the favorite trekking but post-earthquake the number of the trekkers has fallen drastically. The whole valley was affected, but now people has gone back to their normal lives and they are building their shelters again. Some of the teahouses has been built already and some are under construction. Thus, the Langtang Valley Trek is more than a trekking now.
Day 1 : Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1334m.) and transfer to the hotel.
Upon your arrival at Kathmandu airport, one of our representatives will welcome you and will transfer you to the hotel. In the free time, you can take a good rest.
Day 2 : Day 02: Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing and preparation day
Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing is dedicated to introduce four of the UNESCO World Heritage zones of UNESCO World Heritage Site Kathmandu. That includes: –
- Soyambhunath:- The Monkey Temple
- Pashupatinath- The crematorium
- Boudhanath- Largest Stupa in South Asia
- Kathmandu Durbar Square- An ancient palace place.
After the sightseeing, you will have a pre-departure meeting, where you will get the highlights of the trekking. Later, you will move to a traditional Nepali restaurant to enjoy the local meal with a cultural program.
Day 3 : Day 03: Drive to Syabrubesi (1460m./7-8 hours). Overnight at a teahouse.
Leave the busy city of Kathmandu and drive through the small settlement of Trishuli Bazar via Trishuli river bank. The journey to Syabrubesi takes, eight to nine hours, although the drive will be a comfortable one.
Day 4 : Day 04: Trek to Lama Hotel (2470m./4-5 hours trek). Overnight at a teahouse.
Cross the Bhotekoshi river, then to the sup tropical forest. During the walking, it is expected to see some wild life on the way. In Spring, you can also see rhododendron blooming around.
Day 5 : Day 05: Trek to Mundu (3430m./5-6 hours trek). Overnight at a teahouse.
After the early morning breakfast, you will resume you trekking. The trail today is gentle and combined the uphill. The glimpse of Langtang Lirung- the highest peak in Langtang appears occasionally. The Yak pastures, the small settlements are other attractions.
Along the way, we will also pass the Somber village, where once the Langtang village was. From there we further trek to Mundu for the overnight.
Day 6 : Day 06: Trek to Kyanjin Gompa (4-5 hours trek/3870m.). Overnight at a teahouse.
The route from Mundu, gradually rises up through the yak pastures to lead you Kyanjin Gompa. Here you can see a monastery plus the yak cheese factory as well. Enjoy the fresh bite of Yak cheese and collect the greater views of mountains.
Day 7 : Day 07: Hike to Kyanjin Ri for the superb views and stay overnight at Kyajin Gompa at a teahouse.
A rest day and the day to explore around. Collect the greater views from Kyanjin Ri, explore the monastery and grab some more yak cheese. Enjoy your day.
Day 8 : Day 08: Trek back to Lama Hotel (5-6 hours trek/2470m.). Overnight at a teahouse.
Collect the wonderful sunrise and pack your stuff. Today you will retrace back to Lama Hotel. The route to Lama hotel is mostly downhill.
Day 9 : Day 09: Trek back to Syabrubesi (4-5 hours trek/1460m.). Overnight at a teahouse.
After the breakfast, you will retrace back to Syabru Besi for the overnight.
Day 10 : Day 10: Drive back to Kathmandu (8-9 hours’ drive)
With an early morning bus, you will be driving back to Kathmandu. In Kathmandu, later you can-do last-minute shopping.
Day 11 : Day 11: Transfer to the airport and fly back home.
With all the greater memories, today you will leave Nepal. Our representative will transfer you to the Kathmandu airport to catch your returning flight.
- Airport pick up and drop off by a private vehicle
- 3 nights hotel in Kathmandu at 3-star category hotel with breakfast in twin sharing basis
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing (Private vehicle and guide)
- Transportation (Kathmandu- Syabrubesi and Syabrubesi-Kathmandu) by local bus
- Langtang National Park Entrance fees and TIMS Cards
- 10 breakfasts, 7 Lunches, 8 Dinners (Full board during the trekking)
- 7 nights teahouse accommodation during the trekking
- An experienced English-speaking guide and his all expenses including insurance
- Porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers) and their all expenses including insurance
- Trekking route map
- Sleeping bags and down jackets
- First aid box
- All the government taxes and service charges
- International airfare
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance
- Entrance fees during Kathmandu valley sightseeing
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal expenses (WIFI, bar bills, hot shower, hot water, electricity for charging gadgets etc.)
- 1 pair strong hiking boots/ sports shoes
- 1 medium rucksack/backpack
- 1 small day pack
- 1 sleeping bag (according to seasons)
- 1 down jacket/all weather Anorak
- 1 fleece/warm sweater
- 1 water and windproof jacket
- 2 pair lightweight trousers
- 1 pair short
- 2 long sleeves cotton or polypro
- 2 T-shirts /1 medium sized towel
- 1 water bottle-1 or 2 litre
- 1 torch/flashlight and spare batteries
- 3 pairs heavy wool socks
- Underwear (including thermals)
- Cotton headscarf/bandana
- Warm hat/gloves (waterproof)
- Sunglasses and Sunhat
- Money Belt
- Water purification tablets/solution
- Sun block Cream (30-50)
- Personal toiletries
- Moleskin for blister
- Toilet paper
- Bio degradable soap/shampoo
- Any personal medication
Planning a Nepal trip in 2019 and needed more idea then; read our top five trekking picks for 2019: Best Five Nepal Trekking For 2019
For quick updates, WhatsApp:- +977 98510 13 196/ 98510 13 072
What is the best time to visit Langtang Valley?The best seasons to visit Langtang are Spring (March to May) and Autumn (September to November).
What is the maximum elevation do I get during Langtang Valley Trek?Kyanjin Ri (4,773m.) is the highest point you will get to during Lantang Valley Trek.
How many hours will I be the trekking every day?During Langtang Valley Trek, you will be trekking at least four to six hours per day.
Is it safe to trek to Langtang Valley Trek?The major question post-earthquake, how safer is to trek Langtang Valley? And the true answer is “YES”, Langtang Valley is absolutely safe to trek now.
Why it is more important to trek Langtang Valley now?The wonderful valley was rocked by the devastating earthquake, where so many has lost their lives and most of them has lost their sweet home. With that reason, Langtang Valley Trek is a novel work as well.
How fit do I need to trek Langtang Valley?Langtang Valley Trek is considered as the easy trekking in Nepal. Still you must be able to trek at least four to six hours a day. And we recommend you to do daily workout and some small hikes before Langtang Valley Trek.
Why Book With Us?
- No-hassle best price guarantee
- Customer care available 24/7
- Hand-picked Tours & Activities
- Route Map